California Polytechnic State University
California Polytechnic State University, also known as Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo has a long history, being founded in 1901 and located in San Luis Obispo, halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco. U.S. News & World Report named it No. 1 in top public schools for the west region in United States. This distinctive academic institution focuses its goals on hands-on educational experience that prepares its students for the challenges of today’s scientific and technical world.
- Cal poly San Luis Obispo is recognized by the Iraqi Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research
- Cal poly San Luis Obispo is ranked No. 221 in Time higher education world university ranking
- Cal poly San Luis Obispo has a world rank of 600 and a US rank of 513 in Webometrics Ranking Web of Universities
- Cal poly San Luis Obispo is ranked No. 1 in top public schools for the west region in U. S in US News & World Report which is the most popular ranking in US
- Cal Poly ranked 73rd in a list of the top 300 Best Value Colleges in the country in a list recently published by Forbes Magazin
Cal Poly believes in a “Learn by Doing” environment where it encourages the application of theory to practice. There are more than 80 state-of-the-art laboratories and of its nearly 325 student clubs and organizations, 50 are specifically geared towards the engineering college.
California Polytechnic State University is large institution with a total undergraduate enrollment of 20,049 and a big campus offering many facilities to the students. The university has different tuition fees for in-state and out of state students. Its in-state tuition and fees are $9,075 and the out-of-state tuition and fees are $20,235.
There are as many as 70 majors to its undergraduate students, while its highly ranked engineering programs are some of the most popular choices. Besides courses, this institution is trying to offer a comprehensive experience to its students and take a big interest in providing them with student clubs, organizations and state-of-the-art laboratories.
The university conducted a study to assess the degree of demand on the job market for their students and the results showed that 96 percent had job offers before graduation and within three months
Cal Poly Main Foundation and Guiding Principles;
- Learn by Doing
- Student Success
- Excellence Through Continuous Improvement
- Comprehensive Polytechnic University
- College of Engineering
- College of Business
- College of Science and Mathematics
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Architecture and Environment Design
- College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences
Watch the Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrg-AR6ReJk