Dijlah University College
Dijlah University College (DUC) is a private Iraqi academic institution in higher education of public interest. The college was founded in Baghdad, Iraq under the decree issued by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research No. (3322) on 10.27.2004, per the establishment of Private Colleges and Universities modified Law No. (13) 1996.
Dijlah University College strives to provide educational services by using scientific methods and modern technology, and for its curricula to keep pace with the latest global developments and to improve their applications and impact on society. The University aims to equip its students with the necessary information on all scientific, educational and research fields, in the form that achieves continuous communication between the university and the community, and thus contributing to the achievement of economic and social development objectives in Iraq.
The college has brought together the best scientific staff and continuously seeks their development, through partnership agreements with some well-known universities in the world. In infrastructure development, it has been investing in the establishment of a distinct academic complex in the center of Baghdad, to become a scientific edifice ahead of other peer colleges.
DUC is ranked in Webometrics Ranking Web of Universities as #28 out of all 75 Universities or colleges in Iraq and #1 out of all colleges in Iraq. DUC also was ranked #1 private university or college In Iraq by the Iraqi Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research in 2016-2017 and work continuously to maintain excellence:
- DUC strives to provide educational services by using scientific methods and modern technology
- DUC strives for its curricula to keep pace with the latest global developments and to improve its applications and impact on society
- DUC works in a form that achieves continuous communication between the university and the community
- DUC aims to contribute to the achievement of economic and social development objectives in Iraq
- DUC has assembled the best scientific staff and continuously seeks their development
- DUC has partnership agreements with some well-known universities in the world
Information About DUC
AASPUC Visit to DUC Campus: https://en.duc.edu.iq/en/view/198/
Number of Students : 6400
Watch this Video : https://youtu.be/D8WuM8p1QS8 (in Arabic with English subtitles)
- Great Campus with 3 buildings 4 floors each with total size of 40,000 square meters (around 430,500 square feet), 65 labs and 88 study halls
- Dental Hospital
- Central fire alarm system with smoke and heat sensors in each hall, room and laboratory
- Fire extinguishing system distributed through an independent fire and water supply network
- Emergency exits by two direction for each building of the college buildings for securing the safety of the evacuation of teachers and students in accidents and emergencies.
- Central radio and television broadcasting system
- Internet connections and services to the departments and laboratories of the College
- Electric elevators to facilitate the movement of teachers and students
- Security TV Monitoring system for external and internal spaces (currently 100 cameras) (240 cameras).
- Cooling systems for all classrooms and laboratories with ventilation fans for all building corridors.
- Power generation system of KVA1400 alternative to the national grid (2 generator 500KVA + 1 generator KVA250 + 1 generator 150 KVA).
- KVA40 emergency power supply system for operation of control and control systems